I thought I would report on some Homesteaders play this past Tuesday night. I had posted on the Hypermind Guild at BGG that it would be Tasty Minstrel night from me. I took Homesteaders, Eminent Domain, and Terra Prime. I got at least two “I want in on Homesteaders.” replies. So it looked like a good night coming. And it was. Though I arrived late, a couple of guys were ready to play. So after a game of El Grande we broke out Homesteaders. Both of the other guys had played once previously so rules overview went quickly. Chip really started off well and very obviously went the workers route. Keith was more stealthy and ended up going the railroad route. I had a bad first two rounds and never caught up. In the end Chip won by one point over Keith – 48 to 47 with me a distant 22.
Both of them really like the game and asked me to keep bringing it. I think the depth is apparent once you get one play in. And Adam, who requested a seat, did not show so there is one more who wants to play. And Chris (GamerChris.com) wanted in but someone wanted him to teach them Survive so he bowwed out.
- Under The Microscope - Rat-A-Tat Cat
- A Conversation With...Stonemaier Games' Alan Stone and Jamey Stegmaier
- Catching Up With...Patrick Nickell of Crash Games
- A Conversation With...Jamey Stegmaier about Viticultue, The Strategic Game of Winemaking
- Question of the Month - September 2012 - What Is Your Favorite Game Mechanism?
- A Conversation With Matthew Duhan, President of Gozer Games
The CloudAPI Belfort Bellwether Games comatose contest crash games dice hate me Dice Tower Dread Drop Site Family Night fear the boot feedback Fiasco Game Design Game Night GamerChris games Gamewright Gaming gaming. cons Go Forth And Game homesteaders hypermind indie Indie Press Revolution interview Jason Morningstar Kickstarter Kids MACE my happy farm Myriad Games Out of Character PTA Pulp Gamer review role playing rpg Savage Worlds tasty minstrel tasty minstrel games The Game's The Thing The Spiel third eye games
- @jasonkotarski BArber shop game. That sounds really interesting. I'm intrigued. 1 day ago
- @FlashForwardCo @DanielSolis Fast Breakers, Goopy Loops, Bran Fan Flakes, Break Flakes, Breaky Flakys 1 day ago
- @sedjtroll Well, my 11 year old speaks highly of it. So there. 1 day ago
- I just backed Euphoria: Build a Better Dystopia on @Kickstarter kck.st/181wjSl 1 day ago
- @kilroy_locke shoot me an email. I'd like an update on Acute Care 4 days ago
Here Are The Most Recent Posts
- A Conversation With…Stonemaier Games’ Alan Stone and Jamey Stegmaier
- Catching Up With…Patrick Nickell of Crash Games
- A Conversation With…Jay Treat, the designer of Assault on Khyber Station & Intrigue
- A Conversation With…Jeremiah Lee, designer of Zombie In My Pocket & Zombie House Blitz
- Under The Microscope – The Card Game of Oz